Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Christmas card


 Happy Tuesday everyone! We had a little bit of snow today so I thought I would start adding some Christmas cards I've been working on.
I am part of a Christmas Tutorial class by Justine Hovey. This is a paid class. There are , I do believe, 40 tutorials when they are all done. I'm a bit behind but working on it. I've learned a lot of techniques. Some have worked. Some need a lot of practice and some I need the materials to do them but its fun to try new things.
 You can message Justine on Facebook if you are interested and I do believe she is working on another class.
 #christmascardtutorials2015

Thank You to Justine Hovey for the great card idea.
Anyway, this is my card for today.
I do believe all the materials are Close to My Heart(CTMH) I will specify if not.
The stamp sets I used for most of the cards are from previous years so may be retired. I will indicate if they are available on my OBA.

I used Coloniale White cardstock for the card base. On a separate piece of Coloniale white that was cut slightly smaller than the card base(1/4 " smaller I do believe) I stamped with Champagne ink the sentiment from Poster Tidings(S1309) which was a stamp of the month from a previous year. I stamped it down one side and then off set it for the other side.
I cut out the banner from the CTMH Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and stamped it with a sentiment from the Frosted Cardmaking Workshop(D1562) which unfortunately is retired. I popped it up with some 3D foam tape.
The snowflakes are from punches. One that I bought at Michaels that is a Martha Stewart and the other I bought from a Kijiji sale that is a Stampin' up punch.
I added some CTMH gold sequins that were as close to neutral as I had on hand.
I do love how this card turned out. I think |I will make more.
 Thank you for coming by and feel free to comment.





No comments:

Post a Comment